February 23, 2011

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde



It does feel awfully strange to start reconnecting on this platform after going incommunicado for nearly two months.Well, I'm ready with my set of excuses, so here I go. To make things palatable, I'll weave it in the form of a story:

It all began with the last week of what-is-remembered at the 2010th Year of the Lord. An impending visit to the haven called Calcutta, coupled with its overbearing Yuletide obsession and the general end-of-the-year Bacchanalia gave me an excuse to 'take a break' from the blogging scheme of things. And lazy as I am, I found enough credence in that line of reasoning. And so it went. The new year came and became commonplace, the winter in Gurgaon bid us an early good-bye, and as I watched January turn into February, I kept finding new excuses to sustain my abstinence: a new trimester at college, some amount of travelling, Final Placements at MDI, mid-term exams and the likes. Even questions like 'What happened dude, why did you stop posting?' did little to unsettle my sloth-like temperament. Though most of us might not attach much importance to it, the truth of the matter is that Procrastination is a cruel mistress- a modern-day Mata Hari. And to the hardcore procrastinator like Yours Truly, the sentiment of 'do it tomorrow' is much like a rapidly descending snowball- it keeps building on itself 'til it reaches catastrophic proportions.And in a world where mindless verbiage is supposed to garner fickle eyeballs, no news is some very bad news. Indeed, in giving in to my baser instincts, I have tripped over the most obvious and yet the most difficult hurdle that the blogger-sprinter can come across.

To anybody who was expecting and I left wanting, I owe the sincerest apologies, coupled with the baseless promise of 'never again'. Who wins in this constant duel of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, though, is something only time will tell.

Till then, wish me luck and Godspeed.

P.S: The flowchart above is worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment