December 6, 2010

(pronounced: Add Ab-sir-dum)

Not sure of how to proceed in my journey across blogdom, I figured it would be a good idea to set the mood- you know, pull over to select a favourite track (say, Californication or Highway Star) on the car stereo before you burn rubber against asphalt (or bitumen, depending on which part of the globe you live in).

Firstly the tips-of-the-hat: as is almost customary by now, I'd like to thank the Pink Floyd- for their music.What they dished out in their collective lifetime is so much a part of my existence that it would almost be rude of me to not thank them. Much of my thought process finds significance in the Floydian world of melodious cash registers, flying pigs and crashing walls. Before I get tempted to write monologues about them, let it be known that this is a story for another day. For now, this will suffice.

Moving on, the other major influence on this blog has been a gentleman who goes by the name of Anuranjan Roy. At first he may not strike you as particularly different, but once he puts pen to paper, its impossible to forget him. If there ever was a "must-read" list of blogs on the internet, I'm certain his blog (http://virtual-inksanity.blogspot.com) would make it on every single one of them, given enough coverage. Its funny to imagine that the very fingers that dish out lines of lifeless code in the day weave magic when re-united with the same keyboard at night. His unhurried, easygoing style of writing is a case in point of how simplicity in writing can accurately capture the profoundest of thoughts. If imitation is indeed the best form of flattery, this blog will make Mr. Roy a very happy man in due course of time.

It shall be my concerted effort to make this blog live up to its name. Absurdity is never an easy act to follow but I believe in my insanity. A word of caution to the gentle reader, though: as will become to apparent to you in due course, I tend to be self-deprecating in my writing- to the point of being almost self-loathing. But, its no cause of concern and I don't intend to swallow a bottle of tranquilizers or self-immolate anytime soon.

Expect here a lot of mad ramblings, pop culture references, lame attempts at humour, armchair pontification and anything and everything that catches my attention. With that caveat and disclaimer, dear Reader, here's wishing you happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I have a fan! Lemme know if you need an autograph. :D

    Just kidding, kiddo! Am honoured and burdened by your praise. Blogging most times is a rather self-congratulatory exercise and it may be months before someone feels like commenting (I think I fulfilled your quota for the next year or so today). But keep writing regularly and then it is fun to even read your own thoughts from a year ago! "But, its no cause of concern and I don't intend to swallow a bottle of tranquilizers or self-immolate anytime soon." will make you laugh in a mad megalomaniac alone-in-the-room fashion after a little time because you might forget that you had had this funny thought.

    For the record though, I don't write lines of code, I design stuff using CAD/CAM software. And believe it or not, there are some assignments which I actually enjoy working on!

    ReplyDelete